Convention 2023 — New Plymouth
New Zealand Iris Convention in conjunction with the Fringe Festival of Gardens to be held in New Plymouth in 2023
- Dates Friday 27th of October till Monday the 30th of October.
- Venue Devon Hotel 390 Devon Street East
- Book your accommodation well in advance ,this is a popular event.
- Friday Night at 7.30 for opening of Convention.
- Brochures of gardens to visit can be picked up from your local nursery from August/ September.
- There will be some available on Friday night.
- This event goes till the 5th of November so there is an opportunity to stay on and visit more gardens.
- There are 40 plus gardens to visit . Go to what interests you most.
- Cost per garden $2 payable at gardens. Allow 6 gardens per day.
- Have a Saturday and Monday visiting gardens.
- It would be run like a safari. No Goody Bags.
- Provide your own lunches and drinks.
- In House day Sunday at Devon Hotel with A.G.M. Judging School,
Judging Exam , Speakers.
- Dinner in the evening.
- Members to bring 2 Irises either potted or bare rooted, named and a description of iris. May be an auction or a huge sales table on the Sunday.
- Please help out and bring a bag for your purchases.
- There will be a fee for Friday Night and Sunday.
- This will be payable to the N.Z.I.S. Treasurer.